Thursday 15 January 2015

Tsana's January Status

So 2015 is off to a hectic start for me. I was contacted right at the end of 2014 about filling in as an Aurealis Awards judge for the anthologies and collections panel. So now I am trying to read ALL THE BOOKS before the deadline, which is something like a month away. It's hectic, as I said, but manageable. It does mean that I don't have nearly as much time to read non-Aurealis books at the moment and hence have fewer reviews.

Since my last status update I posted a lot of wrap-up type posts, as well as a few reviews. I'll list them for you shortly, but first, something I didn't post earlier: the silly little Goodreads challenge widgets.

My reading for 2014:

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Tsana has completed her goal of reading 100 books in 2014!
hide

And the 2015 widget:

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Tsana has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Whoo, very exciting. (Sorry the icons look silly, because they're not hosted here, I couldn't turn off the image borders.)

Anyway, My wrap-up posts from the end of last year, and other non-review posts from early-January:

What have I read?



What am I currently reading?


A rapid succession of Aurealis books, mainly. With a few YA novels in between to give myself a break.

New Booksies


I am not including the Aurealis books here, mainly because I'm lazy. And because it's more fun to focus on the books I've bought myself and had to put off reading. I am going to list them from most recently acquired first, for a change, because it's a bit easier to go through my LibraryThing.
  • The Dagger's Path by Glenda Larke, (purchased) sequel to The Lascar's Dagger
  • The Fall of Fair Isle by Rowena Cory Daniells, (for review) a trilogy (omnibus) set in the same world as Besieged
  • The Last Quarrel by Duncan Lay, (for review) the first book in a new series that I believe is set in the same world as his other books.
  • Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer (for review) first and surprisingly short book in this series
  • Sourdough and Other Stories by Angela Slatter, purchased short story collection, I believe they're all set in the same world
  • Saga Volume 4 by brian K Vaughn and Fiona Staples, (purchased as pre-order) already reviewed
  • The Bitterwood Bible and Other Recountings by Angela Slatter, is technically an Aurealis book but it's also one I got for Christmas in the fancy hardcover edition so I'm including it here.
  • Cold Comfort and Other Tales by David McDonald, (for review) a short collection of stories
  • The Female Factory by Lisa L Hannet and Angela Slatter, also an Aurealis book, but I also got it earlier because I have a Twelve Planets subscription
  • Dangerous by Shannon Hale (purchased) a YA book I've had my eye on for a while and it was on sale
  • The Swan Book by Alexis Wright (purchased on sale) been meaning to read for a while thanks to AWW
  • Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (this and the next nine books were purchased, in paper *gasp* as a Christmas present to myself)
  • The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson (as above)
  • When We Wake by Karen Healey (as above)
  • Inheritance by Malinda Lo (as above)
  • Once We Where by Kat Zhang (as above) already reviewed
  • Rebel Nation by Shaunta Grimes (as above)
  • Unraveled by Gennifer Albin (as above)
  • Altered by Gennifer Albin (as above)
  • Captive by Aimée Carter (as above) already reviewed
  • Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins (as above) already reviewed
  • Not Our Kind (Tales of (Not) Belonging) by Nayad Monroe (kickstarter backer) an anthology









This post is low on images because I am too stressed (with work stuff that materialised after I agreed to AA stuff as well) to do something that fiddly and annoying. Instead you get relevant images that I had previously uploaded to Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.