Thursday 25 April 2013

New Booksies

I have been a little slow on the reviewing front of late. This is partly medical (I'm well enough to go to work, but not to do much else besides) and partly because I've been One Small Step which is a short story collection and it's much harder to plough through several unrelated short stories by different authors than it is a novel.

But, that said, since my last New Booksies post, I've acquired a small number of exciting new books, all of which I'm really looking forward to.

From Simon Petrie and the lovely people at Peggy Bright Books, I received Light Touch Paper, Stand Clear, an anthology edited by Edwina Harvey and Simon Petrie, and filled with Aussie spec fic.


From Del Rey Spectra via NetGalley, I received Blood of Tyrants, the latest (upcoming-est?) instalment in Naomi Novik's Temeraire series, set around Napoleon's invasion of Russia, I believe. I haven't actually read the previous one, Crucible of Gold (set in South America), because Harper Collins UK/Aus seem to not have got the rights to it (yet?) but I've ordered the almost released paperback from Book Depository so I'll have plenty of time to read it before Blood of Tyrants. And in case you haven't heard of the Temeraire books, think Napoleonic Wars plus dragons.

And from Angry Robot, also via NetGalley, I received Any Other Name by Emma Newman, the sequel to Between Two Thorns which I reviewed quite recently (fast publication schedules and fairly advanced ARCs FTW). I'm excited to get back to this world, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.