Tuesday 26 February 2013

New Booksies

I've acquired some new books since my last New Booksies post, ergo, time for another!

From NetGalley I received Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Meade. I think this is her first foray into space opera (at least it sounds like space opera but I'm unclear as to whether there's any actual space travel involved). It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I've enjoyed her Vampire Academy and Bloodlines books a lot, but I haven't read any of her other adult books. I am interested!



I have purchased The Opposite of Life by Narrelle M Harris because I couldn't not read it immediately after reading Walking Shadows. Review forthcoming shortly.

I also purchased The Sunlit Zone by Lisa Jacobson, a science fictional story written in verse which is on the inaugural Stella Award longlist. I felt I should check it out because how often does science fiction get recognised by literary awards? And also because no one has yet reviewed as part of AWW. But what really got me was the Kobo sample. It was surprisingly engaging from the start.

 
Yay books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.